Monday, September 27, 2010

It's been a year...


Some blogger I turned out to be.
The end of September is looming, the days noticeably shorter, occasional glimpses of autumn which is officially here though summer is still in charge for a few more days. One of my greatest pleasures from living in the desert is Summer thunderstorms. There have been a couple visible across the landscape in the past few months but no actual rain here at the compound.
I hurt myself at work last June. Twisted an already somewhat compromised knee and had to take 3 months off of work. Thankfully, I had disability insurance to fall back on. Not enough to get rich on but sufficient to keep my habits supported (cell phone, internet, electricity, food, you know...).
I did manage to take my annual fishing trip to Lee Vining in the high Sierras in July. Fishing was pretty good but dragging around a banged up knee is no fun and no inducement to outdoor activities.
We took our annual September anniversary trip to Big Pine and spent a couple days around the Owen's valley prowling antique stores and yard sales. Relaxing but mostly boring...
Now I'm back at work. The knee is still sore but work has been tolerable so far. I'll go back to my surgeon in a couple weeks and see what is going to happen. The cortisone shot is still helping but it will soon wear off.
I am resolved to keep up on this blog more enthusiastically and so will be back with some more stories of Desert Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment